Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Transference of Ideas

I have always found it unreal and unlikely how well we humans communicate. I see how we speak one to another, how we respond to others' ideas and emotions and I think to myself that if language didn't already exist, it would never come into being. I just see it as too difficult that an entity who was alone and had never captured the concept from others of communication, of empathy, of transference of ideas, that they could spontaneously consider aliens as someone to interact with, speak with, live with, collaborate with for the betterment of both. Even upon finding that they wanted to say something to another being, the invention and incorporation of language would be an overly massive change in conduct. I find it necessary that language be introduced, not creatively produced.

Random thought of day over with, and now we move on. As language does exist, and hundreds of variants thrive and evolve daily, so does my longing to learn them, and through learning them absorb insights into other cultures and other worlds within this world. Upon learning Spanish, I have felt that I truly became more of a person. I understand(literally as well as ideologically) more of the people living upon this earth. By understanding another's language, one must begin to understand their culture, their way of life, and their viewpoints. As the language exists in many ways to embody a culture and communicate the relevant points of life within that culture, it is inevitable that by learning a language, one gains more comprehension of the corresponding culture.

Kanji note: 350 memorized, meaning I know the vague meanings and how to write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment